The STEINERT BR is a rotary magnetic belt that can be integrated into an existing conveyor belt as a machine component – in the form of a magnetic head pulley. This enables you to enhance your processes with minimal construction outlay, even where space is limited. The head pulley can optionally be equipped with permanent magnets of different magnetic force to satisfy the respective application requirements. Equipment with an electromagnet rather than a permanent magnet is also possible for selected types. We would be pleased to discuss this with you!
This magnetic separator is also known as a rotary magnetic belt separator and is always used in traversing operation. This guarantees high extraction of ferromagnetic materials. This machine can also be used to separate out weakly magnetic materials like stainless steels or non-corrosive steels if strong permanent magnets are deployed with neodymium-iron-boron magnets.
Frequent STEINERT BR applications are for the recovery of valuable stainless steel concentrate and for machinery protection in downstream process steps, such as a shredding stage or eddy-current separation of non-ferrous metals. The extraction of weakly magnetic particles increases effectiveness and improves wear protection during subsequent separation of non-ferrous metals using eddy current separators. Depending on the input material, further impurities like composites containing iron or weakly magnetic dusts can also subsequently be separated to improve product quality and processes.
- BR = magnetic head pulley
- Wear protection for downstream processes, such as crushers or eddy current separators
- Can be used to separate weakly magnetic impurities
- Suitable for the separation of stainless steel using very powerful permanent magnets
- Working widths available from 300 to 2,000 mm
- Can be delivered in diameters from 240 up to 640 mm
- With ferrite magnets, neodymium-iron-boron magnets or electromagnets